Virtual Mobility (VM) Grants
Current grant period: March-September 2024
Deadline application 1 February 2024
First starting date 1 March 2024
Last ending date 1 September 2024
These grants aim at strengthening the existing networks by allowing scientists to foster collaboration in a virtual setting, to exchange knowledge, learn new techniques, disseminate the Action results, etc.
The following eligibility criteria apply:
• Applicant(s) are Action participants with a primary affiliation to an institution located in a COST Full or Cooperating Member country or MC Observers from a COST Near Neighbour Country.
• The applicant(s) shall inform the MC about the aim of the VM Grant and how its outcomes will generate benefits to the Action, actively contribute to the activities and overall objectives of the Action and submit a report at the end, to be approved by the VNS manager on behalf of the MC.
A maximum of 6 Virtual Mobility Grants per Action per Grant Period can be awarded. Each Virtual Mobility Grant cannot exceed EUR 1 500.
The activities expected to be performed by the successful applicant, but not limited to, are:
• To support the harmonisation and standardisation of methods and procedures within the Action networking activities, e.g.
– setting up a survey amongst all Action members to collect different results and outcomes from experiments done in their respective labs and research groups.
– coordinating the discussions to create common protocols to be used by the network afterwards.
– preparing questionnaires and response scales to be used by the Action members as part of virtual networking activities.
• To support the implementation of research related activities that do not necessarily require in-person presence, e.g. o computational or modelling activities. o data analysis of the Action for a specific report or activity.
• Virtual mentoring scheme, with special focus on activities and exchanges that can generate capacity building and new skills, particularly for Young Researchers and Innovators (e.g. managerial skills, methodological skills, communication skills, etc).
• Content preparation and coordination of science communication activities, e.g.
– Massive Online Open Courses (MOOC).
– Online workshops like ‘webinar series’ or ‘tv series’-like format.
– Online COST Action workshops in external international conferences or events, when the applicant can demonstrate a role in the organising committee, that could help in the promotion of the Action activities.
Grant period 1: March – October 2021
- Anam Amin
- Battipaglia Giovanna
- Gentile Alessio
- Nasta Paolo
- Popp Andrea
Grant period 2: March – October 2022
- Giulia Zuecco
- Paolo Benettin